Temp-1W-UNI Pt100 Frost
Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output. Contains a Pt-100 temperature probe (-190 to +150°C, PTFE covered cable 2m,Pt100/B) and a 1-Wire UNI converter (Converter 2xPt100 1W-UNI). Second Pt-100 or Pt-1000 temperature probe can be connected.
- Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output.
Applications and usage:
- Can I connect external Pt-100 or Pt-1000 temperature probes to HWg-STE plus?
No, external Pt100 and Pt1000 probes are connected using the Converter 2xPt100 1W-UNI. This converter cannot be used with Poseidon1 products or HWg-STE (HWg-STE PoE) and HWg-STE plus web thermometers.
- Can I use the converter with only one Pt-1000 or Pt-100 probe?
Yes. The second probe will either read as -999.9 (indication of disconnected sensor) or turn off automatically.
- Is there a difference between 2-wire and 4-wire connection of the external temperature probe?
Yes, 4-wire connection allows the most accurate measurement. The difference is noticeable especially with longer wires.
- I have an external sensor connected but Poseidon2 shows weird values (5000 °C and so on). What is the problem?
Double-check the wiring and connection of the Pt-100 or Pt-1000 probe, according to the manual. Are the jumpers for unused terminals properly in place?
- Can I connect any Pt-100 or Pt-1000 probe?
Yes. You can use a genuine HW group PT100 probe, or any other Pt100 or Pt1000 temperature probe.