NETIO 4 Smart socket
NETIO 4 smart power sockets with WiFi / LAN are in a robust metal housing. NETIO 4 features an electronic fuse as well as overvoltage and surge protection.
NETIO 4 is smart power socket (smart power strip) with four 230V/8A sockets, connected to LAN and WiFi. Each of the four power sockets can be individually switched on/off using various M2M API protocols. NETIO 4 is a unique product designed for IT, industry, smart homes, multimedia installations and other applications. Use the product whenever you need 230V sockets controlled by a mobile app, by a computer program (via M2M API) or by a custom script (Lua), and featuring a timer (Scheduler) or auto reboot functionality (IP WatchDog).
Functions for ordinary IT users
- Sockets can be controlled over the Web or with a mobile app (iOS / Android).
- The switching of sockets can be time-controlled by the Scheduler with a graphical interface.
- The IP WatchDog (automatic restart) function controls the 230V socket by detecting “ping” responses. It can be used to restart unresponsive servers, routers or microwave links.
As a unique advantage, individual power outputs of NETIO 4 smart socket devices can be controlled over LAN/WiFi with a wide range of network protocols.
Each 230V socket can be switched on or off, toggled, or power-cycled with a defined pulse duration.
The remote control protocols are called the M2M (Machine to Machine) API (Application Programming Interface).
- Telnet (Kshell)
- URL API
- SNMP / SNMPv3
- XML (HTTP / HTTPs)
- MQTT (MS Azure)
NETIO 4 smart sockets support a high level of network security. The HTTPs protocol establishes a secure connection between the browser and the web server.
The new SNMP v3 protocol offers higher security in comparison to previous SNMP versions. The MQTT protocol for IoT cloud applications includes SSL security.
LAN / WiFi connectivity
NETIO 4 can be connected to a LAN via Ethernet (RJ45) or WiFi. The smart PDU (Power Distribution Unit) can also work as a WiFi AP (Access Point) to connect to a LAN via WiFi. NETIO 4 includes a fixed WiFi antenna.
NETIO 4 is available in several versions with different sockets
In Europe, several different types of electrical sockets are used. NETIO 4 includes the socket type in the product name:
- NETIO 4 DE version = type F sockets - Schuko (DE, IT, ES, NL, SE, FI and other countries)
- NETIO 4 FR version = type E sockets (FR, CZ, SK, PL)